Monday, April 30, 2012

Week 3

I am so happy still. I still feel great. I am down 6 pounds to 220 now. :) And Cody is going to start next week when he gets home from his first race of the year.  It has taken a little bit of work, and a lot of help from my wonderful Coach, but I even managed to go to a wedding reception/bbq and not overdo it! I had lots of veggies, and fruit, and I did have a hamburger that I piled high with lettuce, and tomato, and I did not put any mayo on it. Just relish and mustard (a little) and a little bit of ketchsup. It still tasted like a good ol' bbq hamburger so I wasn't missing anything. I completely avoided the potato and pasta salads that were there, and I had one bite of cake from a slice Cody had. And it wasn't even a big bite. I am very optimistic about this. I don't think I have ever felt this great still heading into my 4th week of a diet or weight loss plan before. Usually by now I am bored or I feel deprived or I make up some excuse not to stick with it.

My coach did tell me that I am in the first plateau area. So I need to keep believing, and remember this feeling and also remember that the scale is just a number, and numbers can not measure everything! It is like your age, you are only as old or young as you think you are!
I know that it will take a while to get to my goal weight. Right now I need to keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep working towards that ultimate goal.  I need to remember that every day that I am getting healthier is a victory and that every great achievement starts small.

Next week is measuring week so I will have inches lost to report! I am not sure how many it will be, but again it will be a start. I know that this isn't as dramatic as watching the Biggest Loser, or anything like that, but I am still living my life and doing what I need to do. Speaking of which, I need to make up my grocery list and menu. So I will be back Next week! Have a great May and Cinco de Mayo!

No comments:

Post a Comment